Upcoming Event: Apr 12, 2019
The struggle itself.. is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
- Albert Camus
nothing sucs like a backyard brawl
- Lazarus Lake (Big's Backyard Ultra)
Online registration will close on April 10, 2019.
Onsite registration will be available.
- At shortly before 7 a.m. on Friday, you line up at the start. At precisely 7 a.m., you begin running 4.16667 miles around the Washburn Ranch, returning to where you began. Every hour on the hour you must return to begin again. Miss the start and you're out. Show up alone at the start, run the course, you win.
- No better way for an ultrarunner to celebrate That Sucks day.
- Missed the start and you're out of the challenge? If you have less than 100 miles, you will be allowed to continue without pause on the course to complete 100 miles and receive a buckle, if you choose. If you have more than 100 miles, but less than 200 miles, you will be allowed to continue without pause on the course to complete 200 miles and receive that buckle, if you choose.
- Not up to the challenge? Signup for 100 miles, 200 miles, 12 hours, 24 hours, or 48 hours of continuous running.
- 100 mile or 200 mile buckles are rewards for those who complete at least those distances. The winner of the challenge receives a one of a kind buckle.
- All events will begin at 7 a.m. on Friday. There will be an opportunity to start the 12 hour, 24 hour, 100 mile events at 7.am on Saturday for those who choose to. The course will close at 1 p.m. on Sunday or at the end of the hour in which the challenge is won, whichever comes later.
- Not ready to take on those distances alone or simply wish to enjoy the venue with friends? Sign up as a relay team. Send one runner out every hour without fail. The team with the fastest combined time up to and including the last hour the challenge winner runs wins. If a relay team misses the start in the first 24 hours, they may continue as a 24 hour relay team, past 24 hours but before 48 hours, they may continue as a 48 hour relay team. There is no signup for these two categories. Relay teams are moved into them if they so choose if they fail the challenge.
- The event is chip timed with live web tracking, so everyone at home can track your progress. Likewise, you can view your progress onsite after each loop.
- Free camping right on the course. Bring your tent, RV, or trailer - or email us about tent rentals that we have available.
- Just because we're camping doesn't mean you can't get a room in a nearby hotel/motel and while you're on the ranch we provide a power station to keep your hungry devices like phones and watches fully charged.